image editing and effects
PhotoFiltre is a complete image retouching program. It allows you to do simple or advanced adjustments to an image and apply a vast range of filters on it. It is simple and intuitive to use, and has an easy learning curve.
- Filters – Its wide range of filters allows novice users to familiarize themselves with the world of graphics. You can find the standard adjustment functions (Brightness, contrast, dyed, saturation, gamma correction) and also artistic filters (watercolor, pastels, Indian ink, pointillism, puzzle effect). There are more than 100 filters to be discovered!
- Vectorial selections – PhotoFiltre uses two types of vectorial selections. The first type uses automatic shapes (rectangle, ellipse, triangle, rhombus, rounded rectangle). The second type corresponds to the lasso and polygon. They both allow a customized form by drawing a shape by hand or using a series of lines. Every selection can be saved into a seperate file, to be used later on.
- Tool bar – The toolbar is primarily made up of drawing tools, such as pipette, displacement cursor, fill bucket, aerosol, brush, drop of water (blur), cloning stamp, smudge (finger) and magic wand.
- Brushes – PhotoFiltre has some standard brushes (round and square in different sizes), but also some more varied forms (oblique line, leave, star, etc…)
- PhotoMasque module – With PhotoMasque you can create advanced effects of contour and transparency on your images by using preset masks. These masks are grayscale images, where white is the transparancy color, while opacity increases as the shades of gray become darker. Black means complete opacity. PhotoMasque comes with several basic masks to inspire you to create your own masks.
- Automatisation module – This module allows you to apply basic functions/corrections (conversion, image size, framing) to a group of images.
- Other functions – Image browser, Plug-in management, Scanning of images using a TWAIN compatible device (scanner, webcam, photocamera), Transparency management for GIF images and exporting them to icons (16, 256 or 16 millions of colors), Advanced text effects (rotation, shading, bevel), Serveral types of contours and textures, Blending and assembling of images and more